Bear Ice Company is a family-owned packaged ice delivery company serving Southern California for over 25 years. Our ROCK STAR customer service is dependent on our professional delivery driver team. We stay cool when it gets hot!
Current Opportunities: Delivery Driver (part-time, approx. 10-25 hours per week)
We are looking for Delivery Drivers who thrive on helping others, are committed to safety and want to have fun at work.
- Do you prefer a fast paced, out on the road work environment instead of being stuck behind a desk?
- Does your personality and customer service skills bring a smile to all who know you?
- Do you have excellent driving record, valid driver’s license, and are at least 21 years old?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, Bear Ice may be the place for you!
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
Our drivers start at $14.50 per hour (or more based on experience). We offer flexible schedules with 5–6-hour shifts starting as EARLY AS 2am and throughout the day, night, and weekends. In addition to our fun, flexible, family-oriented work environment, we offer:
- Flexible work schedules whether this is your main gig or a second job.
- Part-time hours (10-25 hours/week).
- Family-Owned company culture where you become part of the Bear Ice Family.
- Fun and happy work environment — our uniform includes shorts and jeans!
- Company provided equipment for every shift — Including Shirts, Gas Card, & Cell Phone.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Rock star customer service skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and push +300 lbs. cart consistently throughout shift.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- A valid driver’s license along with current auto insurance.
- A Motor Vehicle Record in good standing (zero points on DMV record).
- Availability to work flexible schedules that change weekly (including nights, weekends, & holidays).
- Willingness to complete in person interview and assessment as well as motor vehicle and criminal background check as a part of our selection process.
- At least 21 years old.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience towing a utility trailer.
- Experience selling in a retail environment.
Bear Ice Company fully embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.